Work with us
Bit of Meraki Internship – Digital Marketing and Social Media Intern
Bit of Meraki is a US based social enterprise that promotes artisan made, ethically handcrafted, bohemian and chic home decor. Each purchase contributes to funding clean water projects.
An all women-run social enterprise that promotes artisan made, ethically handcrafted, bohemian and chic home decor. Our mission is to support traditional crafts and imbibe them into modern products by working with global artisans. We make sure they are paid fair wages and have better working conditions. Each purchase contributes to funding clean water projects. We specialize in home textiles and design unique products that work with various customer groups. The design process highlights hand-crafted artistry and the production supports employment for the makers.
Bit of Meraki is going into its third year of operations. As the company grows, we’re interested in conducting a targeted digital marketing and social media campaign to grow organic reach to our wholesale buyers (mid to large businesses).
- 2-3 month internship depending on availability
- Work to include up to 20 - 30 hours per week (days and hours can be flexible)
- Work to be completed remotely with weekly conference calls
The digital marketing and social media intern to complete the following tasks and deliverables during the course of the internship:
Digital Marketing Manager responsibilities:
- Email Marketing – Making sure we’re targeting our partners with updates on our brand, products, new launches, blog etc atleast twice a month.
- Work with the brand to publish relevant blogs that can help enhance our website views
- Researching demand for the organization's products and services.
- Evaluating competitors.
- Identifying new customers.
- Supporting sales and lead generation efforts.
- Building brand awareness and positioning.
- Directing, planning and coordinating marketing efforts.
- Communicating the marketing plan.
Social Media Manager responsibilities:
The Social Media Manager will be required to be active, run advertising campaigns and drive engagement by creating high-quality original content. You should also engage influencers, manage our community by responding to comments, and oversee our customer service across all platforms. This will span across Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Running company social media advertising campaigns.
- Formulating high-quality novel written and visual content for each social media campaign.
- Building a social media presence by maintaining a solid online presence.
- Monitoring the company's brand on social media.
- Building brand awareness by engaging relevant influencers.
- Managing our online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement.
- Responding to comments on each of our accounts. Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews.
- Overseeing customer service provided via social media.
- Analyzing data to determine whether social media campaigns have achieved their objectives.
- Coaching employees’ company-wide on content creation best practices
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Work with brand to create and implement social media strategies monthly
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice and terminology
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others
- Oversee the creating and implementation of the monthly editorial calendar which includes monthly sales objectives and initiatives
Why you’ll love working with us:
- If you’re interested in chasing your passion we can help you learn the ropes of strating a business and providing you with a wealth of information that you need.
- This is a paid internship and we will offer a generous amount every month.
- We will also give you the opportunity to convert this into a full time job based on your interest
- You will get an opportunity to learn end to end of our business including designing, the products we build and our impact.
If interested, please APPLY HERE
For any questions, please reach out to email@example.com